Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Welcome Spartan Music Stars!

It's a new beginning to the school year
and there's a new teacher in the music rooms at CELC/MPS!

My name is Mrs. Kathy Kellen and I am thrilled to be teaching K-2 Music in McFarland!
Previously, I taught K-2 General Music in Evansville, and absolutely love this age range! I am passionate about finding new technology tools to meet my students where they are and enhance their learning experiences.

My educational background: I graduated from UW Oshkosh in 1985 with a Bachelor of Music Education degree/certification in both General and Instrumental music. In October of 2010 I graduated from Full Sail University with a Master of Science degree in Education Media Design and Technology.

I live in Oregon with my husband, and we have two grown daughters who both live in Madison. When I am not at school, I enjoy reading fiction, teaching and playing flute, being outside, taking photos, watching movies, playing Angry Birds and other games on my iPad, creating videos, and volunteering in the mentor program through my masters' program at Full Sail University online.

I look forward to getting acquainted with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment